Qmmp is a simple, fast and versatile Winamp or XMMS like music player for Linux. It is written primarily with the help of Qt library. Qmmp supports almost all kinds of music formats out there and it is down to earth simple to use and configure.
- Qmmp is an audio-player, written with help of Qt library. The program has user interface similar to winamp or xmms.
- Supported formats include MPEG, Ogg Vorbis, Native FLAC, Ogg FLAC, Musepack, ADTS AAC etc.
- Xmms and Winamp 2.x skins support.
- Detachable playlist and equalizer box like that in the Winamp.
- 10-band equalizer, Video playback via Mplayer.
- Lyrics (using lyricsplugin.com) and Cover art support.
- Last.fm/Libre.fm scrobbler.
Showcasing Qmmp's Skinnable Interface
- You could literally try out thousands of skins from around the web. Make sure that, you only download skins with .wsz extension. 1001skins is a good place to start with.
- To install skins, right click on top of the Qmmp window and goto Settings - Appearance.
How to Install Qmmp Music Player in Ubuntu Lucid, Karmic from PPA?
- Open Terminal(Applications - Accessories - Terminal) and copy-paste the following line into Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:stiff.ru/qmmp-releases && sudo apt-get update
- Done. Now install Qmmp audio player in Ubuntu Lucid, Karmic.
sudo apt-get install qmmp
- Done. Those who use other Linux distros, please visit Qmmp download page.
Also Read ..