For Amarok 1.4 lovers, there is more good news. Gereqi is yet another Amarok 1.4 fork, which is still in its early stages of development. And it is already looking good.
Gereqi 0.4.0 Release Candidate 1 is released just a few days ago. Gereqi is still a project under construction. So don't expect anything 'revolutionary' in Gereqi yet. The features that were added to Gereqi in its latest release are mostly basic things you would expect from a music player.
But Gereqi is rapidly undergoing development and we wish all the very best for the project and the people behind it. So, here are some of the features included in the latest release.
- Sort your media collection alphabetically by Album instead of just Artist.
- Having multiple directories (recursive or not) as the source for the media collection database is possible.
- Watching the media collection directories for changes and automatically updating the database is included.
- Mysql is an option for the database. No prevision to create the database though, that has to be done manually by the user.
- Audio-cd playback now appears to work flawlessly.
- Gereqi 0.4.0 RC1 .deb files are available. But before that, you have to install the following dependency.
sudo apt-get install python-qt4-sql
- Now Download the latest Gereqi .deb file. And double click to install it.
- For people using other linux distros, .rpm and tar.gz package formats are also avaialble in the same download page.
- Done. Give your feedback through Gereqi blog.
Also Read ..