Update: Amarok 2.3.2 "Moonshine" Released, Install in Ubuntu Maverick, Lucid via PPA
Know More About Amarok 2.3.1
- Have you guys noticed the picture above? It is actually the screenshot of all new Amarok 2.3 splash screen. I was stunned, it's just beautiful.
- Automated Playlist Generator which helps you create playlists based on criteria like song length or file size. This is the start of bringing back the smart playlist feature of Amarok 1.4 series.
- Two new applets for the Context View.
- Upcoming Events applet shows concerts and events that the currently playing artist is participating in.
- Similar Artists applet uses the Last.fm database to show similar artist and makes the ones in your collection directly playable.
- Full changelog here.
How to Install Amarok 2.3.1 in Ubuntu 10.04 "Lucid Lynx" and Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala"?
- Copy-paste the following command into Terminal to install the PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
- Now update repositories and install Amarok 2.3.1 in Ubuntu Lucid, Karmic.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install amarok
- If you already have an installed version of Amarok in Ubuntu, this is what you need to do.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
How to make Amarok play music in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid, Ubuntu 9.10 karmic?
- Everyone who have installed Amarok these days are complaining that Amarok is not playing mp3. This is because, in Ubuntu, you need to install kubuntu-restricted-extras package in order to make Amarok 2.3.1 play music.
- Simply copy-paste the following line into Terminal.
sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras
- Goto Applications - Sound & Video - Amarok and "rediscover your music". Have fun :-)