Equinox GNOME Shell Theme
- So if you are wondering what is equinox and why is it important, Equinox GTK theme is one among the best GTK themes available. And a variant of Equinox for GNOME Shell is welcome. [Equinox GTK Theme + Faenza Icon Theme = Pure Awesomeness!]
- Before going on with the post, you may need to learn a little more about GNOME Shell. Read our post on GNOME Shell and also learn how to install GNOME Shell in Ubuntu.
How to install Equinox GNOME Shell Theme?
- Afterwards you need to backup your original GNOME Shell Theme. Copy-paste /usr/share/gnome-shell/theme directory to your Home folder.
- If you are doing it via Nautilus, you have to open Nautilus as root. Hit ALT + F2 and type "gksu nautilus"(without quotes) to open Nautilus as root.
- Now extract the downloaded equinox theme and then copy-paste the "theme" directory to /usr/share/gnome-shell
- Thats it. Now to enable the new theme, you need to restart GNOME Shell. Hit ALT + F2 and type "restart".
Also Read ..