GNOME Shell is a component of GNOME 3.0, the next generation of the GNOME desktop environment scheduled for release in March 2011. We did introduced Sonar, Elementary and Ambiance GNOME Shell themes before and we have one more to showcase, Equinox GNOME Shell theme.
Equinox GNOME Shell Theme
- So if you are wondering what is equinox and why is it important, Equinox GTK theme is one among the best GTK themes available. And a variant of Equinox for GNOME Shell is welcome. [Equinox GTK Theme + Faenza Icon Theme = Pure Awesomeness!]
- Before going on with the post, you may need to learn a little more about GNOME Shell. Read our post on GNOME Shell and also learn how to install GNOME Shell in Ubuntu.
How to install Equinox GNOME Shell Theme?
- Afterwards you need to backup your original GNOME Shell Theme. Copy-paste /usr/share/gnome-shell/theme directory to your Home folder.
- If you are doing it via Nautilus, you have to open Nautilus as root. Hit ALT + F2 and type "gksu nautilus"(without quotes) to open Nautilus as root.
- Now extract the downloaded equinox theme and then copy-paste the "theme" directory to /usr/share/gnome-shell
- Thats it. Now to enable the new theme, you need to restart GNOME Shell. Hit ALT + F2 and type "restart".
Also Read ..