A Short Review of Bangarang
Bangarang is a comparatively new KDE media player which is undergoing rapid development. Latest stable release of Bangarang fixes a lot of bugs and it is nicely integrated with KDE 4.4 desktop environment. Bangarang is a media player for everyone, not just for power users.
Bangarang has a rather simplistic interface and anyone with a basic computer knowledge could easily maneuver around this application. It also boasts of built in Dolphin drag and drop support. And not having a lot of buttons and configurations in the basic interface makes Bangarang a treat to your eyes.
But never underestimate the functionality aspect of Bangarang. It can do almost everything a major music player can do. Some of its features include,
- Restrained interface that puts your media front-and-center.
- Media library functions that allow you simple, effective browsing and categorization for all your media including Music, Audio streams, Audio clips, Movies, TV Shows and Video clips.
- Rating and play count tracking.
- Employs core KDE4 technologies including Nepomuk and Phonon.
Install Bangarang in Kubuntu 10.04
- Bangarang is available in Kubuntu 10.04 repositories by default. You could search and install Bangarang directly from synaptic package manager or you could use the following command.
sudo apt-get install bangarang
- If you are using Ubuntu Gnome, make sure you install kubuntu-restricted-extras package too.
sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras
- Done. Applications - Sound & Video - Bangarang
Also Read ..