How to Install or Upgrade to The Latest Version of Empathy in Ubuntu?
- As you guys should probably know already, Empathy IM client is based on the open source Telepathy framework. And by adding the Telepathy PPA to your repository, you get the latest updates of Empathy.
- Open Terminal(Applications - Accessories - Terminal) and copy-paste the following line into Terminal to add Telepathy PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:telepathy/ppa
- Done. Now update repositories and upgrade empathy in Ubuntu Lucid, Karmic.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
Don't Have Empathy Installed?
- Empathy is now a default application in Ubuntu, so in most of the cases, the steps we have discussed before will fetch you the latest Empathy in Ubuntu
- But if somehow Empathy is not installed in your Ubuntu this is what you need to do(after adding Telepathy PPA as shown in the previous step, ofcourse).
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install empathy
Also Read ..
PS: As is the case with PPA in general, it contains bleeding edge versions of telepathy framework. "So be carefull, it could kill your dog and eat your birthday cake."