- GtkStatusIcon for the docklet, providing better integration in notification area.
- Added UI for sending attentions (buzz, nudge) on supporting protocols.
- Made the search dialog unobtrusive in the conversation window.
- Added a menu set mood globally for all mood-supporting accounts.
- Show file transfer thumbnails for images on supporting protocols.
- Full Changelog here.
How To Install Latest Pidgin in Ubuntu Lucid, Karmic
- You need to add the following repo. For that simply copy paste the following line into Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:frasten/ppa
Already Installed Pidgin?
- Then all you need to do is upgrade.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
Installing Pidgin 2.7 From Scratch
- If you don't have an installed version of Pidgin, this is what you need to do.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install pidgin
- Done. Have fun.
- Thanks @webupd8