Yeah that's right, Ubuntu 12.10 is now upgradable to latest Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail" release. And Ubuntu 13.04 is pretty stable for a beta-quality OS, though I still won't/can't recommend it for production machines. I have been using it in my netbook from the early alpha releases and it has come together pretty nicely. It is even a little more snappier already than all the previous releases. More on that later. Right now, here is what you need to do to upgrade Ubuntu 12.10 to Ubuntu 13.04 "Raring Ringtail".
[How-to] Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 from Ubuntu 12.10 in a few easy steps!
- Firstly, make sure that your Ubuntu 12.10 system is up-to-date. Check for updates in the Update Manager if any and install them all.
- Hit ALT + F2 and run the following command.
- The system will check for updates and will show you the following prompt.
- Hit the Upgrade button.
- Software Updater will take you through the steps further.
- When the upgrade is complete, Ubuntu will automatically restart. And that's about it.