Quoting our previous article on the topic, "Not so long ago, Songbird was one of the most loved music player app among Linux users. It all changed when Songbird developers decided to stop supporting Linux and concentrate on Mac and Windows platforms. But some hardcore Songbird users were not ready to give up yet." They forked the project and after more than an year of hard work, Nightingale 1.11.0 is officially released.
What's New in Nightingale 1.11.0?
- Based on the latest Songbird changes and provides better performance.
- Based on the latest Gecko 1.9.2, adds a play queue.
- Refreshed feather, looks a lot sleeker now.
- Brand new update feature which will download and install future releases automatically.
- A good number of Songbird add-ons already ported. Ported add-ons can be installed into both Nightingale and Songbird.
- Tons of bug fixes.
- More details and changelog can be found here.
Download First Official Release of Nightingale Music Player
- Nightingale is cross-platform is can be easily installed on Windows, Mac and Linux
- If you have installed earlier developer preview release of Nightingale (Nightingale 1.8 ie.) before, you need to remove it first.