Firefox 8 recently found its way into the nightly build channel. According to a recent study by extremetech.com, Firefox 8 is already 20% faster than Firefox 5 in almost every metric and has got a drastically reduced memory footprint as well.
Key Points of the Study
- Changes are not just under-the-hood, synthetic-benchmark, on-paper thing either: the difference between FF5 and FF8 is very noticeable.
- Read it in full : Firefox 8 is 20% faster than Firefox 5
- Important Update: Firefox 8.0 final is released. Learn how to upgrade to latest Firefox 8.0 in Ubuntu Oneiric, Natty via PPA.
- UPDATE: Firefox 10.0 Alpha1 is released, do the following to install the same.
- Do the following in Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-daily/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install firefox-trunk
- Done. Now, just search for Firefox in the Unity dash.
- You will see a new entry called Nightly Web Browser. That's nightly build of Firefox 8 for you. Launch it and see the difference for yourself.
- Also, watch these awesome Firefox commercials for a change.