Nautilus Elementary Ambiance GTK theme by simplygreat is perhaps the most beautiful mod of default Ubuntu Ambiance theme. We have featured it already in our top themes for Ubuntu 11.04 post. Few things have changed lately and the latest Nautilus Elementary Ambiance theme now comes with a PPA. Installation has now become a breeze.
- Before installing the theme, install Nautilus-Elementary first. For that, you need to do the following in Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:am-monkeyd/nautilus-elementary-ppa sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade nautilus -q
- Done. Last line restarts Nautilus with updated Nautilus Elementary.
How to Install Elementary Ambiance Theme via PPA?
- Do the following in Terrminal to install Nautilus Elementary Ambiance Theme.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:victored/ambiance-evolution sudo apt-get update
- Run Update Manager.
- You will see two new packages. One is Light Themes and other one is a new icon theme called ubuntu-faenza-darkest. Install updates and you are done.
- Lastly, restart Nautilus for changes to take effect. Hit ALT + F2 and run nautilus -q.
- Done. You are ready to go.
If you liked Nautilus Elementary Ambiance Theme, you might want to try this combination of Nautilus Elementary Ambiance Theme and Clarity icon theme as well.