Calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application for Windows, Mac and Linux. Important functionalities include library management, format conversion, news feeds to ebook conversion and even e-book reader synchronization features.
Calibre E-book Management Tool for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Calibre is designed around the concept of the logical book, i.e., a single entry in your library that may correspond to actual e-book files in several formats.
- Calibre supports all the major e-book formats.
- Calibre has a modular device driver design that makes adding support for different e-reader devices easy.
- Syncing supports updating metadata on the device from metadata in the library and creation of collections on the device based on the tags defined in the library.
- Calibre can automatically fetch news from websites or RSS feeds, format the news into a ebook and upload to a connected device.
- Calibre is available within the default Ubuntu repository. Click Here to install Calibre in Ubuntu OR simply copy-paste the following command in Terminal.
sudo apt-get install calibre
- Done. Goto Applications - Office - Calibre.
- Other supported Linux distros include Debian, Gentoo, Linux Mint, Fedora, Arch Linux, Foresight and Open Suse. Visit Calibre Download Page for more information