As you guys should know already, Shotwell is now the default photo manager for Ubuntu 10.10 instead of F-Spot. Yorba has released Shotwell 0.7.2 with a number of bug fixes and improvements. The latest update is available via ppa for Ubuntu Lucid and Maverick.
What's New in Shotwell 0.7.2
- Major startup problem when the user's Pictures directory is actually a symbolic link is now fixed.
- Fixed potential crasher when the user's Pictures directory contains a large number of subdirectories.
- Fixed update problem when using an external editor on a photo that was edited externally in an earlier session.
- Yorba has also released an update to gexiv2 0.2.1 library which is a requirement for Shotwell. This update fixes a bug where a photo file with malformed EXIF could cause a crash.
- Latest Shotwell 0.7.2 is available in Yorba PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yorba/ppa && sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
- Now if you haven't installed Shotwell, do the following after installing Yorba PPA.
sudo apt-get install shotwell