What's new in Shotwell 0.5.2?
- Shotwell recently released the Shotwell version 0.5.2. And here are the features.
- Photos can be tagged and organized by tag, creating a new tool for managing your photo collection.
- Printing support.
- Photos can be published to Google's Picasa Web Albums service.
- Photos can be set as your desktop background directly from Shotwell.
- Photo import runs in the background, making imports smoother and more fluid.
- Rock solid and feels a lot more responsive and light.
How to Install Latest Shotwell 0.5.2 in Ubuntu Lucid, Karmic?
- Add Shotwell dedicated PPA first. For that simply copy-paste the following line into Terminal(Applications - Accessories - Terminal).
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yorba/ppa
- Done. Now update repositories and install brand new Shotwell 0.5.2 image organizer app in Ubuntu Lucid, Karmic.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install shotwell
A Quick Video Review Of Shotwell 0.5.2 [via]
Update: This article was featured on Slashdot . A huge first for us. Thank you readers!