Ubuntu Studio is a multimedia enhanced Ubuntu variant packed with custom wallpapers, themes, screensavers, system sounds and more. With Canonical in the lookout for a new System Sounds theme for upcoming Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat, all those who want to contribute may want to check out the original Ubuntu Studio sound theme for inspiration. They are pretty darn good IMO.
- Ubuntu Studio packages are available in official Ubuntu Repositories. But in case you want to check out the original Ubuntu Studio distro, link here.
- If you want to install Ubuntu Studio system sounds only in your Ubuntu, do the following in Terminal.
sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-sounds
- Now to enable the newly installed Ubuntu Studio system sounds, goto System - Preferences - Sound and select Ubuntu Studio from the drop down menu.
- If you want more of Ubuntu Studio, you can alternatively install ubuntustudio-desktop package that includes Ubuntu Studio themes, icons, wallpapers, screensavers, gdm theme, plymouth theme, menu and more.
sudo apt-get install ubuntustudio-desktop
- Done. Now do test the Ubuntu Studio system sounds and let me know if I am the only one who thinks they are really good. Have fun :)
Also Read ..