Gloobus Preview is a beautiful file preview application for Linux. Select a file and click space bar to have a quick preview of the file, as simple as that. And when I say file, they include music, videos, images, documents and everything else!
Music, videos, images, documents, folders - quite literally 'everything' is supported by Gloobus Preview. I know what you guys must be thinking. I already have a default app for every single file out there and all of them load pretty fast enough. So why do I need Gloobus Preview. Trust me guys, you will change your opinion once you start using Gloobus Preview.
Thats how a Gloobus Preview of a video file will look like. Interface looks clean and quite good looking as well. Add to it, the blazing fast loading time of Gloobus Preview.
Now, this is one of the most important and striking feature of Gloobus Preview in my opinion. You can just browse through your folders by initiating Gloobus Preview with a simple space bar click and then easily go to the next folder/file using arrow keys. Its an absolutely useful feature and Gloobus Preview will amaze you with its versatility.
How to Install Gloobus Preview + Nautilus Elementary in Ubuntu Maverick, Lucid?
- You need not install Nautilus Elementary to get Gloobus Preview working, but I would say Gloobus Preview is at its best when used in conjunction with Nautilus Elementary.
- And I believe the space bar short cut for Gloobus Preview is automatically initiated only if Nautilus Elementary is installed. Since I had Nautilus Elementary already installed before I went on installing Gloobus Preview, I was not able to test that statement.
- Just do the following to install Nautilus Elementary and Gloobus Preview in Ubuntu Maverick, Lucid. Add PPAs for Gloobus Preview and Nautilus Elementary first of all.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gloobus-dev/gloobus-preview sudo add-apt-repository ppa:am-monkeyd/nautilus-elementary-ppa
- Now update repositories and install Gloobus Preview and Upgrade Nautilus.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gloobus-preview && sudo apt-get upgrade
- Done. Select a file and hit space bar and experience Gloobus Preview for yourself.
- To get the breadcrumbs hack working and also to get a more clearer picture of Nautilus Elementary, read our detailed review of Nautilus Elementary in Ubuntu Maverick..