Akregator RSS Feed Reader For Linux
- Akregator is my favorite rss feed reader app for Ubuntu. The only drawback is that, it is a qt based application and it fits better with KDE interface. But still a worthy candidate to become your default desktop feed reader.
- It is available in Ubuntu repositories by default and you can install the app either directly from Ubuntu Software Center or you could use the following command.
sudo apt-get install akregator
Yarssr RSS Feed Reader For Linux
- Yarssr or 'yet another rss reader' is a quick little feed reader app for Ubuntu. It is available in Ubuntu repositories and and it easy to install and configure.
- In the Browser Command field at the bottom, you can change it to your favorite browser. In my case, it's Chromium and I have changed it to chromium-browser.
- You can install Yarssr directly from Ubuntu Software Center or you could use the following command.
sudo apt-get install yarssr
Liferea Feed Reader For Linux
- Liferea or Linux feed reader is a simple news aggregation app for Linux. It supports the major feed formats including RSS/RDF and Atom and can import and export subscription lists in OPML format.
- Liferea is intended to be a fast, easy to use, and easy to install news aggregator for GTK+ that can be used with the GNOME desktop.
sudo apt-get install liferea
Blam Feed Reader For Linux
- Blam is simple and it integrates well with your desktop. Blam is comparatively newer and is a bit rough around the edges. Still it does what it is intended for.
sudo apt-get install blam
Also Read ..