What's up with Guake?
- Guake is a drop-down terminal for GNOME Desktop Environment.
- Running Guake is faster than launching a new terminal with a keyboard shortcut because the program is already loaded into memory.
- Guake is a blessing for those who use terminal for anything and everything.
- Yakuake and Tilda are similar terminal emulator application for KDE and GTK+ environments respectively and Guake is an attempt to meld the best of Yakuake and Tilda into a single GTK based application.
- Transparency effect is pretty cool and simple easy to use preferences tab makes it even better.
- Guake is available with the official Ubuntu repositories. So you either search and install the package from Ubuntu Software Center or you could use the following command.
sudo apt-get install guake
- Done. Now goto Applications - Accessories - Guake Terminal.
- You can also add Guake to your start up applications list. For that, goto System - Preferences - Startup Applications and add Guake.
- Guake is already available in repositories of Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu and ArchLinux by default, but if you cannot find it in the repo of your distribution visit the Guake download page.
Also Read ..