Evilwm folks, you will love it. A twitter desktop client that is completely controlled from Terminal. Twidge is a command line twitter desktop client for Linux. It's feature rich and obviously easy to use.
- Compatible with any microblogging service that is using twitter API including Twitter and Identi.ca.
- Twidge can do everything one expects from a normal twitter desktop client, but the difference is, it is all managed via command line, terminal ie.
- Post updates, see your friend's updates, read direct messages, read replies, follow/unfollow tweeple and so on.
- URL shortening.
EDIT: Update for Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narhwal Users
- Twidge is available within the official Ubuntu repositories for those using Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal and Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat.
sudo apt-get install twidge
- Non Ubuntu Linux users, visit this link.
- You will have to add debian squeeze repo first of all.
- Open /etc/apt/sources.list. I am using gedit here for the sake of simplicity.
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
- Now copy paste the following line into sources.list file.
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian squeeze main
- Done. Save and exit.
- Now the installation. Do the following in Terminal.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install twidge
List of Commands
- You can get the full list of commands available in Twidge by typing the following in Terminal.
- That's it I guess. Enjoy this one of its kind experience.
- Twidge official website - http://wiki.github.com/jgoerzen/twidge/