Banshee 1.7.3 Feature Additions
- The new Amazon MP3 Store extension provides a source from which users can browse, search, preview, purchase, and download music from the Amazon MP3 store(in supported countries).
- New Banshee 1.7.3 is integrated well with miroguide.com using Miro Podcast Directory extension, which allows users to discover, stream, and subscribe to podcasts easily.
- A new Bulk Metadata Fixup extension does exactly that, fixing bulk metadata.
- Improved downloading and visual refreshing of new cover art.
How to Install Banshee 1.7.3 in Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx?
- Add Banshee-daily ppa, to install latest Banshee 1.7.3 in Ubuntu from PPA.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:banshee-team/banshee-daily sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install banshee
- Done. Banshee 1.7.3 is installed in your Ubuntu.
- PS: Eventhough you get to install Banshee 1.7.3 in Ubuntu using this PPA, the latest libwebkit is not yet available in the daily builds PPA. This is soon going to be fixed . But until then Amarok MP3 store won't be available.
Also Read ..