Buzzbird is a Firefox based twitter client for Linux. And like Firefox, Buzzbird too, just works. Buzzbird is fast, have all the basic functionalities and it almost never crashes.
- First of all, Buzzbird is a free and open source software.
- Buzzbird have everything one would ever expect from a Twitter desktop client, well almost.
- There are no theming options or extension support for now which is a huge letdown. But they are on their way according to the developers.
- Shortcut keys are good and extremely useful.
- Simple configuration menu which makes 'configuring' easy.
- Buzzbird is multi-platform(support for Windows, Mac and Linux) and supports multi-account.
How to Install Buzzbird in Ubuntu/Linux?
- Download latest Buzzbird from here.
- Unzip the downloaded tarball. Goto the folder and simply click on the file named 'Buzzbird'.
- There you have it, the latest Buzzbird twitter client for Linux.
- Now, it is not optimal to launch buzzbird from a folder everytime you want to access it. Lets go create a menu item for Buzzbird then.
How to create a menu item for Buzzbird in Ubuntu/Gnome?
- Right click on the main menu (top left) and select Edit Menus.
- Then select Internet from the left pane and choose New Item(like in the screenshot below).
- In the command field, browse to the buzzbird folder that you have previously downloaded and select 'buzzbird' launcher.
- Like I have done here, you may also include a Buzzbird icon.
- Done. Goto Applications - Internet - Buzzbird and there you have it :-)
Also Read ..