In our previous post we had a detailed discussion on what is nautilus elementary and how to install nautlius elementary in ubuntu using PPA. That was just a week ago. And already a number of important updates! Nautilus elementary is really going places. Let's see what are the changes with nautilus elementary now.
- A custom toolbar is in place now which makes adding and removing buttons and other functionalities in nautilus elementary a breeze.
- You can see a new "edit location" button in the screenshot below. That was something that everyone using nautilus elementary had asked for. And here it is.
- Now, when you right click, you get on/off options for functionalities like status bar, menu bar, side pane etc and you also get easy access to customize toolbar option that we discussed initially. This simple hack means a lot. It is so useful.
Install Nautilus Elementary in Ubuntu Lucid, Karmic with the latest updates using PPA?
- All these changes are included in the Nautilus Elementary PPA, so all you need to do is the following.
- Goto Terminal(Applications - Accessories - Terminal) and copy-paste the following commands.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:am-monkeyd/nautilus-elementary-ppa sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade nautilus -q
Also Read ..