What's New in Firefox 3.6.6?
- Firefox 3.6.4 provides uninterrupted browsing for users when there is a crash in the Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime or Microsoft Silverlight plugins.
- Or in other words, if a plugin crashes or freezes, it will not affect the rest of Firefox. You will be able to reload the page to restart the plugin and try again.
- And Firefox 3.6.6 modifies the crash protection feature in Firefox 3.6.4 to increase the amount of time that plugins are allowed to be non-responsive before being terminated.
- Also read our full Firefox 3.6.4 review.
How to Install Latest Firefox 3.6.4 update, Firefox 3.6.6, in Ubuntu Lucid, Karmic?
- Open Terminal(Applications - Accessories - Terminal) and copy-paste the following line into Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-security/ppa
- Done. Now update repositories and upgrade your native Firefox 3.6 to its latest version, Firefox 3.6.6.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
- Alternatively, you can install get all the latest updates of Firefox in Ubuntu using Ubuntuzilla.
PS: I have tried this only in Ubuntu Lucid and it works great. I am not sure, if this repository will work for Ubuntu Karmic