The much anticipated Firefox 3.6.4 was released some days ago and within days, another important updated release of Firefox called Firefox 3.6.6 is ready for download. As we have already seen in our Firefox 3.6.4 review, Firefox 3.6.4 is the last major release before the eventual Firefox 4.0.
What's New in Firefox 3.6.6?
- Firefox 3.6.4 provides uninterrupted browsing for users when there is a crash in the Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime or Microsoft Silverlight plugins.
- Or in other words, if a plugin crashes or freezes, it will not affect the rest of Firefox. You will be able to reload the page to restart the plugin and try again.
- And Firefox 3.6.6 modifies the crash protection feature in Firefox 3.6.4 to increase the amount of time that plugins are allowed to be non-responsive before being terminated.
- Also read our full Firefox 3.6.4 review.
How to Install Latest Firefox 3.6.4 update, Firefox 3.6.6, in Ubuntu Lucid, Karmic?
- Open Terminal(Applications - Accessories - Terminal) and copy-paste the following line into Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-mozilla-security/ppa
- Done. Now update repositories and upgrade your native Firefox 3.6 to its latest version, Firefox 3.6.6.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
- Alternatively, you can install get all the latest updates of Firefox in Ubuntu using Ubuntuzilla.
PS: I have tried this only in Ubuntu Lucid and it works great. I am not sure, if this repository will work for Ubuntu Karmic