What's New in Transmission 2.0?
- Even faster startup.
- Use of IEC standard units (KiB, MiB, GiB) instead of (KB, MB, GB).
- Feels more lightweight and uses fewer resources than other clients.
- Transmission has always been cross platform and has native Mac, GTK+ and Qt GUI clients.
- "Local Peer Discovery" for finding peers on the local network.
- Better tracker announce management when completed torrents are moved from the incomplete directory.
- Speed up moving local data from one disk to another.
- Full Changelog here.
How to Upgrade to Transmission 2.0 in Ubuntu Lucid, Karmic?
- Open Terminal(Applications - Accessories - Terminal) and copy-paste the following line into Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:transmissionbt/ppa
- Done. Now update repositories and upgrade to Transmission 2.0.1 in Ubuntu.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
Don't have Transmission by default in Ubuntu?
- Transmission is available in Ubuntu by default and if somehow you don't have Transmission, this is what you need to do after adding PPA as shown in the first step before.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install transmission
Also Read ..