Deluge is a feature rich bit torrent client, which is really popular among Linux users. Deluge is cross platform and works in OS X, Unix and Windows platforms as well. Though I would rate KDE's KTorrent over Deluge, Deluge is definitely well integrated into the Ubuntu's Gnome desktop. Deluge recently released the first release candidate of Deluge 1.3 series packed with a lot of new features and bug fixes.
What's new in Deluge 1.3.0 RC1?
- Improved plugin support.
- WebUI got a lot of enhancements and improvements, especially by giving priority to the scenario in which large number of torrents are there in a session.
- A new plugin called AutoAdd allows for an unlimited amount of watch folders and for providing options for torrents added for those folders.
- Another Plugin called Notifications replaces the previously built-in notification support and provides more features.
- Full changelog here.
- To add the repo, copy paste the following command into Terminal (Applications - Accessories - Terminal).
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:ferramroberto/lucidtest
- Now update repositories and install all new Deluge 1.3.0 RC1.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install deluge
- If you have already installed Deluge in Ubuntu, all you need is an upgrade.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
- Those who are using other flavors of Linux, please visit the Deluge Download Page.