Video Editors for Ubuntu has once again in the news since the realease of OpenShot Video Editor. Kdenlive is an intuitive and powerful multi-track video editor, including most recent video technologies. This is by far the best according to many reviews.
- Title module: rewrite, now allows for basic animation (title zoom and scroll)
- Track rename: users can now rename tracks.
- Composite transition: keyframes can now be moved.
- Clip management: image and audio clips are automatically monitored and updated in the timeline whenever they change on disk.
- User interface cleanup: cleaner look for timeline.
- Full list of changes here.
Now lets get started with the installation of Kdenlive 0.7.6 in Ubuntu Karmic.
Add PPA and GPG Key First
- In order to get the latest version of Kdenlive in Ubuntu Karmic, you need to add the new repo for Kdenlive. For that, simply copy-paste the following command in Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sunab/ppa
Now Install Kdenlive 0.7.6
- Now, Install this latest release of Kdenlive in Ubuntu Karmic. Again, simply copy-paste the following command in Terminal.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kdenlive
Already a Kdenlive User?
- Now, simply goto Applications Sound & Video > Kdenlive in your Ubuntu to get a taste of this all new Video Editor for Ubuntu.
- If you have already installed Kdenlive in Ubuntu, copy-paste the following commands into Terminal to upgrade to the latest Kdenlive 0.7.6 in Ubuntu Karmic.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade