Many consider XBMC as one the finest, if not the best, media center application out there, which is also open source. Starting from the previous XBMC 10 'Dharma' release, XBMC started supporting add-ons officially which made it super easy to install third-party developed skins and apps for XBMC. Aeon Nox 2.0 was one such long awaited theme for XBMC and it is now available with the default XBMC 11 repositories.
Aeon Nox 2.0 XBMC Skin Released
- Aeon Nox is one of the most popular XBMC skins out there and its version 2.0 was keenly awaited. Now that it is released and available in XBMC repositories, installing and testing of Aeon Nox 2.0 XBMC theme is a breeze.
- Some of the listed changes include:
- Everything in the main menu can now be customized through "Customize Main Menu" in the Home Window Options.
- All sub-menu items can now be disabled or enabled.
- Added custom sub-menu items for custom main menu items.
- Added tooltip to indicate that there is a media menu on the left side of the screen. New home menu style 'Aura' added.
- Redesigned Weather window and Next Aired window.
- To install latest Aeon Nox 2.0 XBMC skin, you need to have latest XBMC 11.0 Eden beta 1 installed. Aeon Nox 2.0 is available in the default repositories of XBMC 11.0 Eden Beta.
- Do the following in Terminal to install XBMC 11.0 Eden Beta 1 in Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install xbmc
- Done. Now launch XBMC 11.0 Beta.
- Installation is rather easy since it is available in default XBMC repositories. Launch XBMC 11 and goto System - Settings.
- Choose Addons from the sidebar menu.
- And search for Aeon Nox.
- You will be given an option to download Aeon Nox 2.0.
- That's it. Now just choose the theme when downloading is finished.
Thanks for reading and have a nice day.