AwOken along with Faenza icons theme are surely among the most feverishly updated icon themes for GNOME. With the arrival of Unity and GNOME Shell though, all these popular icon themes needed to adapt in order to stay relevant. AwOken icons theme 2.3 update does just that. Latest iteration of AwOken comes with a number of updates which makes it look more integrated with Ubuntu's Unity and GNOME Shell desktops.
AwOken 2.3 Icon Theme for Unity, GNOME Shell
- AwOkenWhite icon theme is finally released which takes the total count of icon themes in the AwOken 2.3 package to 3, others being AwOken and AwOkenDark icon themes.
- PPA support for Ubuntu Oneiric has now been added.
- Brand new LibreOffice icons has been introduced.
- Full support of Unity-Oneiric icons, and improved Gnome-Shell integration.
- An upgraded theme customization script.
- As noted above, AwOken PPA now has support for latest Ubuntu Oneiric. To add PPA and Install AwOken in Ubuntu 11.10, do the following in Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alecive/antigone sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install awoken-icon-theme
- Now to enable AwOken themes in Ubuntu 11.10, you need to install GNOME Tweal Tool from Ubuntu Software Center.
- Afterwards, simple launch GNOME Tweak Tool from Unity dash and browse to Theme - Icon Theme. Then pick your favorite among the 3 AwOken themes.
- Now, if you want to further customize the theme, there is an AwOken customization script to do just that. Just run the following command in Terminal.
- Done. Visit AwOken download page for more info and download options.