WinFF is a nice and simple GUI for FFmpeg which has support for almost all major multimedia file formats that include AVI, FLV, MOV, WMV, MPEG among others. I have just tried to convert an FLV video file into AVI using WinFF and it worked flawlessly.
WinFF - GUI for FFmpeg
FFmpeg is an open source, cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. WinFF is a simple GUI for FFmpeg to convert multimedia files from one format to other with extensive support for all major file formats.
- WinFF is an open source and cross platform application, works with Windows and Linux.
- WinFF packages are available for Debian, Ubuntu and Redhat based Linux distros.
- Capable of converting multiple files all into same format, all at once.
- Capable of converting video to audio.
- Easy access to common conversion options such as bitrate, frame size, frame rate etc.
- Available in over 10 languages.
- WinFF is available in the official Ubuntu repositories.
- Click here to install WinFF in Ubuntu OR manually search for 'winff' in Ubuntu Software Center. Simple as that.
- If you are using other flavors of Linux, visit WinFF download page.
For me WinFF worked pretty good so far in converting popular multimedia file formats in Ubuntu. Hope it works for you as well without any major issues. Have a nice weekend people.