AwOken icon theme is among the most downloaded and highly rated icon themes for GNOME and we had no second thoughts while including AwOken in our listing of top 10 most popular Icon themes for Ubuntu GNOME. AwOken version 1.9 brings in a lot of changes that includes a new darker version of the theme as well as a very useful customization script. To make things even easier, now you will able to install AwOken icon theme in Ubuntu using PPA.
What's New in Awoken 1.9?
- There are now two different iconsets, AwOkenDark and AwOken. Both of them look really cool in my opinion.
- There is also a colorization script which lets you have the ability to colorize the AwOken icon theme by choosing from a collection of 100^3 different colors.
- Number of bug fixes and minor improvements.
How to Install AwOken 1.9 in Ubuntu via PPA?
- Simply copy-paste the following commands in to Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:alecive/antigone sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install awoken-icon-theme
- Done. Now run the following command in Terminal in order to customize AwOken icon theme in Ubuntu according to your needs.
- After entering the command, you will be shown the different configuration/customization options available with the AwOken icon theme. Follow the instructions carefully.
- Done. Awoken icon theme installed and customized successfully in Ubuntu.