We have covered Atolm GTK theme before and now this beautiful theme gets a PPA which makes it really easy to install and get updates for Ubuntu users. The theme itself got a number of improvements in the latest update. Atolm theme is done by the same artists who created beautiful Orta GTK theme.
What's New in Atolm 0.7.5?
- Squared Metacity decorator added.
- Xfwm4 normal and squared decorators added.
- Emerald decorator added.
- Text color of the contact name on the pidgin messaging window fixed.
- Text color of the JDownloader exit dialog and progressbars fixed.
- Firefox entry dark text on dark color bug on some sites fixed.
- For more info, visit Atolm theme deviantart page.
Install Atolm GTK Theme in Ubuntu via PPA
- Before adding Atolm PPA for installation, make sure you uninstall all traces of Atolm GTK theme you have installed by other methods.
- Now, you need to install latest Equinox engine before you start installing Atolm GTK theme. Do the following to install Equinox GTK engine in your Ubuntu(skip this step if you have already installed Equinox GTK theme).
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tiheum/equinox sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install gtk2-engines-equinox
- Finally, install Atolm GTK theme from PPA in your Ubuntu.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nikount/orta-desktop sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install atolm-theme
- This same repository applies for Orta theme as well which we had discussed above. So if you have already installed Orta theme using PPA, then all you need to do is - update repositories and install atolm-theme package.
Take a look at our collection of beautiful icon sets for Ubuntu. You might also like our journey down the memory lane - a brief history of Ubuntu.