Clementine music player will not be known as yet another Amarok 1.4 fork anymore. It has grown much beyond that. Latest Clementine 0.6 release is packed with new feature additions and other improvements which makes it as good or even better than any other music player out there. Read more about the evolution of Clementine.
- Added a new Song Info tab that contains lyrics fetched from 17 different website and statistics, play counts and even tags from Last.fm.
- Clementine 0.6 has a new Artist Info tab containing photos, biographies from Wikipedia, Last.fm, Amazon and more.
- Clementine will now be shown in Ubuntu sound menu.
- Add a tooltip to the panel icon showing the currently playing track.
- Add a "Delete from disk" item in the playlist menu.
- Full change log here.
How to Install Clementine 0.6 in Ubuntu Maverick, Lucid via PPA?
- Do the following in Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:me-davidsansome/clementine sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install clementine
- Done. For users of Windows, Mac and other flavors of Linux, download candidate of latest Clementine 0.6 can be found here.