Ubuntu Tweak is every newbie Ubuntu user's closest companion and we have already seen how Ubuntu Tweak is slowly evolving into one among the must have installation candidates for Ubuntu in our Ubuntu Tweak review. And with the new mockup UI, the next phase of development for Ubuntu Tweak has only started.
Ubuntu Tweak 0.6 Mockup UI
Ubuntu Tweak 0.5.7 was released days ago and along with the release, Ubuntu Tweak developers have announced that they have already started working on the new UI design for Ubuntu Tweak based on the Ubuntu Tweak mockup shown above. Some key points of the new design,
- There will be a new toolbar to switch between main category of functions, and the sub-functions will locate at the right-sidebar.
- The current welcome page will be replaced by a window showing different statistics of your Ubuntu desktop.
- Now has a new theme which integrates seamlessly with the default Ubuntu theme.
- Add option to set Terminal menubar.
- Removed "Auto Start Programs", since it is a duplicate feature of GNOME Session application.
- A lot of PPAs has been added and updated for Ubuntu 10.10 including the ones like Hotot Twitter Client.
- Ubuntu Tweak 0.5.7 can be downloaded from here.