Quick Pinta 0.4 Review
- Pinta is licensed under the MIT X11 open source license.
- Pinta a not a port of Paint.NET. Instead it is more of a Paint.NET clone.
- The interface is largely based off of Paint.NET, but most of the code is original. The only code directly used by Pinta is for the adjustments and effects, which is basically a straight copy from Paint.NET 3.0(Paint.NET is also licensed under the MIT X11 open source license).
- Pinta includes a wide array of common tools like Paintbrush, Pencil, Shapes, Eraser, Selections and more.
- Pinta supports unlimited layers and provides unlimited levels of Undo/Redo.
- Pinta 0.4 comes with an excellent pad docking library used in MonoDevelop. This allows you to show, hide, move, resize, and undock the various pads into the configuration that fits your work style best.
- Pinta 0.4 also provides support for many more file formats, like gif, tiff, bmp and also boasts of even better GNOME integration.
How to Install Pinta 0.4 in Ubuntu Lucid, Karmic From PPA?
- Open Terminal(Applications - Accessories - Terminal), and copy-paste the following line into Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:moonlight-team/pinta && sudo apt-get update
- Now install latest Pinta 0.4 in Ubuntu.
sudo apt-get install pinta
- Done. Goto Applications - Graphics - Pinta Image Editor.
- For other Linux distros, please visit the Pinta Download Page.
Also Read ..