Ubuntu Sugar Remix
- The award-winning Sugar Learning Platform promotes collaborative learning through Sugar Activities that encourage critical thinking, the heart of a quality education. Designed from the ground up especially for children, Sugar offers an alternative to traditional “office-desktop” software.
- Ubuntu Sugar Remix is a derative distribuion of Ubuntu which features the Sugar Learning Platform.
- The vision for the Ubuntu Sugar Remix is to provide students preK to 12 with a quick and easy to understand learning platform.
- After playing with Ubuntu Sugar Remix for an hour or so, I must say, Sugar desktop is indeed a job well done. Applications like Text-to-speech and Paint was quite fun to use. Sugar desktop interface with such easy to use applications must be a run away hit among kids.
How to install Ubuntu Sugar Remix in Ubuntu Lucid 10.04?
- Open Terminal(Applications - Accessories - Terminal) and copy-paste the following line into Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sugarteam/ppa
- Done. Now update repositories and install Ubuntu Sugar Remix in Ubuntu.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install ubuntu-sugar-remix
- Done. Now logout from your Gnome session, and while in the login screen, select Ubuntu Sugar Remix from sessions and be a kid once again :-)
Also Read ..