What's new in GIMP 2.6.9?
- GIMP 2.6.9 mainly contains a number of bug fixes and translations only. No new feature additions as yet.
- More about the bug fixes and translations that happened with this release can be found here.
How to install GIMP 2.6.9 in Ubuntu Lucid?
- GIMP 2.6.9 is available with Roberto Ferramosca PPA. Here is how you could install the PPA and upgrade to the latest GIMP.
- Open Terminal(Applications - Accessories - Terminal) and copy-paste the following line into Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ferramroberto/linuxfreedomlucid
- Done. Now, update repositories and upgrade your native GIMP to GIMP 2.6.9.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
- If you don't already have GIMP installed, instead of the last step, you need to do the following.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gimp
- Done. There you have it, the latest GIMP 2.6.9 in Ubuntu 10.04 'Lucid Lynx'.
- Done. Have fun :-)