Update: Fix Google Earth Crash While Startup in Ubuntu Maverick, Lucid
How to Install Google Earth 5.1 in Ubuntu Maverick, Lucid?
- First of all, you need to install the googleearth-package from ubuntu repositories.
sudo apt-get install googleearth-package
- Done. Now use the just downloaded script to build the Google Earth package.
sudo make-googleearth-package --force
- This is going to take some time. And it should end with the following message. Look at the highlighted part in the screenshot below.
- Google earth package is successfully build and it is available in ./ directory(as shown in the screenshot above). Now to install Google Earth, simply copy-paste the following command in Terminal.
sudo dpkg -i ./googleearth_5.1.3535.3218+0.5.7-1_i386.deb
- Done. Please note that everything after " ./ " in the above command may change depending on the version of Google Earth you built using googleearth-package. So if the above command doesn't work, simply copy-paste the .deb package generated instead of what I have got here. So in generalizing the above command, it should look like this.
sudo dpkg -i ./googleearth_VERSION_ARCHITECHTURE.deb
- Done. Goto Applications - Internet - Google Earth and browse the earth. Have fun. :-)
Also Read ..