The one area where Google Chrome definitively beat Firefox is on the speed front. Firefox is simply not fast enough. But if speed was the only reason behind your decision to choose Google Chrome instead of Firefox, FasterFox Lite Firefox extension will give you some reprieve. I was so impressed with this little extension that I decided to use Firefox again after a really long time. I am posting this blog post from FasterFox Lite powered Firefox 3.6.3 in Ubuntu.
- Fasterfox Lite allows you to easily tweak many network and rendering settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache and initial paint delay.
- Unique to this Lite version are included options for SSL Pipelining, timer-based content reflows, UI Responsiveness, Link Prefetching, IPv6 DNS lookups.
- By default the Page Load Timer is disabled.
- If you want to manually change the "about:config" settings, then the Fasterfox Lite preset must first be saved to the "Custom" setting.
- Fasterfox Lite will speed up your web browsing right out of the box with no assembly required.