Add Repository First
- Depending on the version of Ubuntu you use, add the following repository.
For Ubuntu Karmic 9.10
- Simply copy-paste the following line into Terminal(applications - Accessories - Terminal)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
For Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04
- There is no one line way to add repository in Ubuntu.
- Goto System - Administration - Software Sources and select Third-Party Softwares tab. Now click the ADD button and copy-paste the following line.
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/nilarimogard/webupd8/ubuntu jaunty main
- Now do the authentication. Simply copy-paste the following line into Terminal.
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 4C9D234C
- Done. Now the installation part.
Install Light(Radiance) and Dark(Ambiance) Themes in Ubuntu Karmic, Jaunty
- In order to install these themes, you will need to install the latest murrine engine as well. But's that is included in the PPA above.
- Install latest murrine engine and the new themes with icon sets by a simple copy-paste of the following command into Terminal.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gtk2-engines-murrine ubuntu-mono light-themes gtk2-engines-aurora
And the wallpaper..
- Click on the image for the larger version.
- Thanks @WebUpd8 for the heads up.