Faenza Icons Theme is kind of an household name among Linux folks. It definitely is one of the best looking icon themes for Ubuntu. Faenza Icons Theme 1.1 brings in a number of new brilliant looking icons and is also better integrated with Ubuntu Oneiric's new Unity UI.
Faenza Icons Theme 1.1
- New supported applications include Gnome documents, Gnome contacts, Gnome online accounts, Gnome freecell, Clementine, Onboard, preferences-color, Screenruler, Scribes, Steam, Tracker, Wunderlist and Xterm.
- I especially loved the new icon for Clementine Music Player, looks splendid.
- Support for devices like tablets, network wired, network wireless, VPN, system harddisk.
- New status icons and two brand new themes (Faenza-Ambiance and Faenza-Radiance) for better integration with Unity in Ubuntu 11.10.
- Do the following in Terminal.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:tiheum/equinox sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install faenza-icon-theme
- Done. Faenza Icons theme is successfully installed.
- Now to change icons theme in Ubuntu 11.10, you need to install GNOME Tweak Tool.
- And that's my Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot running Faenza 1.1. Have a nice day.