Getting Things Gnome(GTG) is a nice and simple tool to organize and manage your tasks and time efficiently. GTG uses a very handy text edition system for task creation and edition. The task editor can automatically recognize metadata such as tags and subtasks only by the use of a very simple syntax.
Some Key Aspects of Getting Things GNOME!(GTG)
- GTG is down to earth simple and intuitive.
- With GTG, you will be able to use tags if you want to sort tasks (a word begining with "@" is automatically a tag). You could use subtasks also if you want.
- All your tasks in one place, makes life a lot more simpler.
- More info on GTG here.
How to Install Getting Things GNOME(GTG) in Ubuntu
- Latest GTG version is 0.2.4 and it's available in Ubuntu repositories by default if you are using Ubuntu Lucid or Maverick.
- Simply search for 'GTG' in Ubuntu Software Center or do the following in Terminal.
sudo apt-get install gtg
- Done. Applications - Office - Getting Things GNOME!