- Gapless Playback.
- Sync Device From Playlist Option.
- Banshee Community Extensions.(Link)
- Type-ahead Find in Track, Artist, and Album Lists.
- Full changelog here.
Add PPA First
- You will have to add the Banshee-team PPA to your sources.list.
- For that, simply goto Terminal(Applications - Accessories - Terminal) and copy-paste the following line.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:banshee-team/ppa
- If you already have an installed version of Banshee, all you need to do is an upgrade. Copy-paste the following lines into Terminal(one by one).
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
To Install Banshee from scratch
- Now, if you don't have an installed version of Banshee, do the following.
- Copy-paste the following lines into Terminal.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install banshee
- Want to check out old Amarok 1.4 again in Ubuntu? Here is how.