Add Open Office Scribblers PPA
- Open Terminal(Applications - Accessories - Terminal) and simply copy-paste the following line.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:openoffice-pkgs/ppa
- Then all you need is an upgrade. Again, simply copy-paste the following lines in Terminal.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade
- Before going any forward, make it sure that you don't have an installed version of OpenOffice. Do know that OpenOffice is installed by default when you install Ubuntu.
- Then, goto Terminal and copy-paste the following line into Terminal.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install openoffice.org
- If you are a Gnome user, install the following package as well.
sudo apt-get install openoffice.org-gnome
- And if you are a KDE(Kubuntu) user, install the following.
sudo apt-get install openoffice.org-kde
- Done. Let me know if you ran into any kind of troubles while doing this.