KDE is going places. With the release of KDE 4.4 beta, KDE team has clearly demonstrated what they really meant by a complete desktop overhaul. Already the second beta release of KDE 4.4, codenamed Claus, is released and is available for installation in Ubuntu.
Update: KDE 4.4 RC2 released. You can install KDE 4.4 RC2 in Ubuntu by following the steps mentioned below.
- All Lucid users need to do is a simple "sudo apt-get upgrade" to get this latest beta release of KDE 4.4(Provided they should have an installed version of KDE)
Installing or Upgrading to KDE 4.4 beta 2 in Ubuntu Karmic
- You need to add the Kubuntu PPA first. Goto Terminal and copy-paste the following line.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/beta
- Now if you have an already installed version of KDE, simply do the following.
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
- Those users who don't have an installed version of KDE in Ubuntu, Do each of the following step one by one.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop sudo apt-get dist-uprade
- Done. Enjoy the all new KDE experience.
- Get in touch with KDE 4.4, Watch this preview video.