Boxee is my favorite media center application and I loved using it in my Ubuntu. When Karmic was released, I found out that, there is no updated repo for installing Boxee in Ubuntu Karmic. I was browsing for an alternative method to install boxee in Ubuntu karmic and I got one finally. Here is what you need to do.
Update: Boxee Beta is now open to all. Here is how you could install boxee beta in Ubuntu Karmic, Jaunty
Download and install the following deb packages
- Simply double click on these deb files to install it.
Now, Add Jaunty Repo
- Now you need to add Jaunty Repo for Boxee.
- Simply copy-paste the following command in Terminal.
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
- Give Password when prompted to and now you have a text editor opened.
- Copy-paste the following line to the sources.list text file.
deb http://apt.boxee.tv jaunty main
- Save and close the text editor
- Do the following commands in Terminal.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install boxee
- Thats it. If you find any kind of difficulty in doing this, please let me know.
Since you are using a repo of previous version of Ubuntu, you may find glitches or faults with this boxee installation. For absolutely trouble free installation, you may need to wait until the release of official boxee repo for Ubuntu Karmic.
If you like this post, you may also want to Subscribe To Our RSS Feed or Follow Us on Twitter